About Me

My photo
My name is Aymen and I'm 36 years old California girl, who recently graduated from SDSU. I've been dating Ernest (aka EJ) since April 2002 and we've been ttc (trying to conceive) on and off since 2004. He got out of the Army in late 2005 after serving four years, one of those years being spent in Iraq as a Combat Medic. (Support our troops!) EJ and I live with our 9 year old niece Leilani (aka Leila), our black lab Mason and our chihuahua pups with an attitude, Chase and Luna. We live in beautiful San Diego, love the beach, road trips, Disneyland, BBQs and are looking forward to whatever the future may hold.

Click on blinky to direct you to SoulCysters!

pcos awareness

Click on blinky to direct you to Cysterworld!

Welcome Friends And Family

Sunday, April 11, 2010

First Post. Intro to my fertility issues.

I was officially diagnosed with PCOS in May 1998, after a m/c with my Ex Husband. Although I didn't know the name of what I had, I knew I had it since I was young. PCOS runs in my family and 5 out of 7 of my Aunt's from my Mother's side (in addition to my Mom) have it, although many have never had it offically diagnosed.

I've had two m/c's, one in 6/98 and one in 9/03. I was unaware I was pregnant the first time, but I had already grown to love the second baby. My 2nd m/c was very traumatic for me and hard because EJ was in Iraq during it, but we got through it and here we are, ttc once again.

The last doctor I visited suggested that I lose weight (about 30 pounds) before I begin TTC. I decided to finally follow his advice and start low carbing. Today is my 7th day of low carbing and it's been going great. I'm hoping to continue it until I lose enough weight were I would feel comfortable switching over to a low-fat diet, to maintain my weight. Because of my insulin resistance, low carbing has been the only way I've been able to lose weight, so I'm sticking to it!

I had another TTC journal that I had for the last few years, but I noticed I was negative on it from start to finish, so I decided to delete it and start a new. After much thinking and praying, I feel the motivation and strenght to start all over again...

No comments:

Post a Comment